IYAMW builds the Iyengar yoga community through individual scholarships to the annual retreat, IYNAUS conventions, and yoga workshops. IYAMW also encourages the development of community engagement programs in communities in which Iyengar yoga is not currently available, accessible, or affordable. Such programs are developed with community engagement grants by cultivating awareness of this issue.
IYAMW provides scholarships to Iyengar yoga teachers and students who need financial support, so all are able to deepen their study and training of Iyengar yoga.
COMMUNITY MINI GRANT APPLICATION OVERVIEW
IYAMW has created a new initiative to award several mini-grants to Iyengar yoga teachers developing and maintaining community outreach initiatives in the Midwest. The purpose of these mini-grants is to support Iyengar yoga programs within Midwest communities by providing supplemental funding for yoga props (e.g., mats, blocks, blankets, etc.), teacher compensation, and other associated costs. IYAMW seeks community outreach initiatives that support diversity and provide a service to low income / marginalized communities and groups that do not have access to yoga teachers and studios.
Requirements to Apply:
- Open to Iyengar yoga teachers affiliated with the Midwest region
- Must be a member of IYAMW to apply
- Community Engagement projects are within the IYAMW region
Mini- Grant Information:
- $500 or $1000 check written directly to the applicant
- New mini-grant opportunities will be available on a semi-annual basis
- Previous applicants can re-apply even if they have been a prior recipient
- Applications are accepted on a rolling basis and reviewed on or after March 31 and September 30.
Categories for Funding
Funding is available for Iyengar Yoga projects that specifically address these areas:
- Bringing Iyengar Yoga to under-served communities
- Enhancing and supporting diversity among yoga students and teachers
If you need more information before you submit an application or would like more guidance on creating your application, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org