Welcome to the Iyengar Yoga Association of the Midwest
The Iyengar Yoga Association of the Midwest (IYAMW) is a registered non-profit organization whose educational and charitable purpose is to study, teach, disseminate and promote the art, science and philosophy of Yoga according to the teachings of B.K.S. Iyengar. IYAMW is recognized by the Iyengar Yoga National Association of the United States (IYNAUS) as a regional association representing Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio and Wisconsin.
Our mission is to educate and advance the understanding of the teachings of B.K.S. Iyengar and to facilitate and support an inclusive and cohesive community of Iyengar Yoga practitioners. To accomplish this we:
- Coordinate and serve as a collective source of information on regional Iyengar Yoga events
- Sponsor and organize educational, outreach, and service activities
- Represent the interests of our Midwest region to IYNAUS and facilitate communication between the two organizations
- Develop scholarships for the study of Iyengar Yoga
- Communicate regularly with membership – we would like to hear your ideas as a member on how IYAMW can serve to grow and strengthen our Iyengar community.
As with all IYNAUS regional associations, membership is not bound by geography – anyone from within or outside of the region is welcome to be a member of IYAMW. Find more information on how to join, please visit our Become A Member page.
For more information about IYAMW please download the Membership Brochure.